Nominations are now open for the 2017 Giving Voice Awards
This year, the judging criteria have been broadened. As well as celebrating those who have campaigned to highlight how speech and language therapy transforms lives – whether or not using Giving Voice logo and resources – we also want to recognise other people’s valuable contributions to improving the lives of people with communication and swallowing needs. For instance:
- Have you or someone you work with proactively raised awareness about how speech and language therapists support people’s communication and/swallowing needs – to the wider public/politicians and/or the media? This may or may not have been using the Giving Voice brand
- Can you think of members of the public, schools, service users and relatives or others who have enhanced the work of speech and language therapists and/or supported people with speech, language, communication and swallowing needs in a noteworthy way? This could be, for example, fundraising, commissioning new services or providing new SLT initiatives to the benefit of others
- Are there people with communication and/or swallowing difficulties who have had their life transformed by speech and language therapy and whose story has been or could be shared to inspire others?
- Do you have any truly inspirational colleagues – whether speech and language therapists or speech and language therapy assistants – who go above and beyond in what they do for their team and service users? Assistants need not be RCSLT members to be nominated.
These awards are open to everyone, so spread the word amongst your colleagues and service users and get nominating now.
There are two different ways you can make your nomination. You can either
- Download, complete and email back the nomination form
- Complete our online Giving Voice nomination form.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com and the team will endeavour to help.
Deadline for Nominations: Friday 14 July 2017