Campaigning events as part of the International Communication Project continue, and we’re asking Giving Voice champions to participate in a global month of action in May 2014. If you missed the launch event, you can watch it back here.
Throughout May we’ll be part of an international effort to raise awareness of the work of speech and language therapists in the UK and around the world and to ensure the week’s activities are a success we need you to get involved.
To find out other events taking place around the world, visit the ICP Website.
- Hosting a service visit. Invite your hospital chief executives, commissioners and parliamentarians to visit your service during the week. Take them on a tour of your department, invite them to meet your service users and offer them the opportunity to observe a therapy session. To help you plan your service visit, we’ve put together a pack of resources. To download it, click here.
We’re here to support you with arranging your service visit. Please get in touch if there’s anything we can do to help.
If you’re unable to arrange a service visit you can still participate, here’s other ways to get involved.
- Encourage as many people as possible to sign the ICP Pledge. You can sign up at www.communication2014.com
- Blog about your experiences of SLT around the world. If you currently are, or have previously worked as a speech and language therapist outside of the UK, blog about the experiences. We’ve put together this guide to help you get started.
- Participating in awareness raising activity in the usual way. We’ve put together this menu of local activity ideas you can use as inspiration for your own local campaigning activity.
- Get involved on social media. Tweet, facebook or share pictures of your involvement in the international campaign using the hashtag #icp2014 – we can’t wait to see what you’ve been doing!
- Sign up as many people as possible to the ICP pledge. We want as many