The Speech and Language Therapy Storytelling Project
The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists continuously reviews the way it puts you at the heart of its activity, which is why we are about to undertake an exciting new UK-wide video project which will celebrate and highlight the valuable work you do. Join us and be part of this amazing journey and together we will showcase how speech and language therapists support and transform the lives of people with communication and/or swallowing difficulties.
The aims of the project are to:
- provide a 360 degree view of how people at any stage of their lives can have communication and/or swallowing disabilities and how speech and language therapists assess their needs and support them.
- create a powerful, useful, and lasting bank of videos which deliver first-hand accounts of people’s communication and/or swallowing needs.
- publish and share videos which will inspire, inform and help people.
- Decision makers
How you can be part of this project
This project has been designed to enable partnership working so that together we can co-produce a powerful resource for both the speech and language therapy profession and the public.
We are looking for:
- Powerful, emotive service user speech and language therapy stories to capture the imagination of our target audience.
- Videos which highlight the impact communication and/or swallowing difficulties can have on people’s lives and those around them.
- Films which demonstrate how speech and language therapists assess communication and/or swallowing needs, subsequently providing valuable support to rehabilitate, enhance and transform people’s lives.
If you would like to get involved, please capture stories on video and send them to us with a copy of the signed consent form (see toolkit) so we can help promote your work. Please view and download the toolkit below to get you started and if you want to follow the conversation around the Storytelling Project on social media you can use #SLTStories . Of course, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com and the team will endeavour to help.
Download The Speech and Language Therapy Storytelling Project Toolkit
Watch the videos created to accompany the Storytelling Project
Ryan has had severe communication difficulties since birth. Watch
his story and see how speech and language therapy has helped him.
Christine has had a stammer all her life. She discusses what it’s like
and how speech and language therapy has helped her.